Monday 29 March 2021

Spring cleaning!


Ten years ago, I was lucky enough to receive a small sum of money. Rather than fritter it away, I decided  to use it to buy a summerhouse. T’was quite exciting really as I’d never owned such a thing!

Anyway...the blog post from 2011, is Here 


Since then, every spring and every autumn, I venture to the bottom of the garden to give the summerhouse a really good clean. It’s a very dry habitat  ...thus the spiders rather like it. Nothing ever gets mouldy as I leave the windows slightly open all through the year. It’s a fab little place to escape to when you feel like some peace as well as some shade. 

I enjoy this task immensely as it means that as well as cleaning it, I can ‘waste time’ ....or shall we say, ‘re-arrange the tat!’

As the years have gone by, I think I’ve added more bits and pieces to the summerhouse simply because I’m a bit of a vintage lover who can’t resist the odd piece of pottery, linen, cotton fabric ...you name it and I’m in like a hawk should I spot a bargain. Thankfully, during the last year, this ‘Avenue of delight’ has been curtailed....but hey ho, I’m sure that time will come again.

So, where was I? Ah yes...the Summerhouse spring clean! Off I went with my Hoover and cleaning cloths and I spruced up this little bit of peaceful paradise....as well as washing the curtains and throws and putting them back in their rightful places within 24 hours. I don’t hang about!

So, here is my summerhouse (and its clutter)....and here’s to the next cleaning session!






















2 comments:

  1. Delightful little oasis, right in your back yard. With all the things, you love.

    What a wise purchase this was. -smile-

    "Miss BB"
    πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸŒ·

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry I was out.I’d have done that for you love 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀣

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)