Thursday 29 August 2024

Round and round the garden….


I decided that in order to make a start on some kind of slow stitching project, I would have to tidy a large pile of embroidery threads which I’ve had for quite some time. It would’ve been all too easy to just buy a whole load of new threads but I don’t like wasting anything. ( I also don’t have much patience…and it took me ages… but I persevered!) 






That done, with all of my embroidery boxes now in, ‘Ship shape and Bristol fashion’(well almost!), I took a break with a cuppa. Whilst browsing on Etsy, out of the blue, I suddenly spotted something rather lovely. On delving further into the info, it appeared that you could choose between having the PDF pattern emailed to you OR you could choose to have the PDF pattern emailed PLUS a pre-printed panel sent via the post.

What to do? I pondered. 🤔







And I thought to myself , ‘Wouldn’t it make a lovely Christmas gift for someone?’ That was my thinking! If I started it soonish then that would give me plenty of time.


 



I opted for the printed panel and then having had an email from the seller, I found myself signing up to the Stitchdoodles FB page, for inspiration!





And if you fancy making one, here’s the link:



I now need to familiarise myself with the various embroidery stitches.

🧵 🪡 🧵 🪡 🧵 🪡 🧵 🪡 

4 comments:

  1. That is very colourful and pretty. A quick squiz suggests there are no repetitions. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so lovely. I've only ever attempted cross stitch before, so I think it's best left for those who are far more talented than me. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful! Good luck with perfecting the required stitches and well done on organising all your embroidery threads. I've got an embroidery project in mind for myself but it won't be that spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)