Friday 12 July 2024

Worth a mention, I reckon! πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…

 




Everyone ( or almost everyone) in the town where I live, Newton Abbot, is going bonkers about a certain footballer right now!

Ollie Watkins.

He just happened to come on a score the winning goal for England, on Weds, in the semi finals of the Euros.

He’s a superb player, who grew up in Newton Abbot and attended Decoy Primary School, where I once taught. 



As a youngster, he played for Buckland Athletic (above), before moving on to Newton Town, Exeter City, Weston Super Mare, Brentford and then Aston Villa (his present club.)




I didn’t teach Ollie but I taught two of his brothers. My good friend and colleague taught Ollie, and Ollie played in the school football team, which my colleague also used to organise, after school. 

Through hard work and dedication, Ollie made it right up to Premier League level and I was thrilled for him when he scored on Wednesday. 

Hopefully, we will see him again in the final on Sunday evening. 


⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…⚽️πŸ₯…

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a local lad do well. Do his brothers play football, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, you must be very proud of him. I hope you enjoy the match later and fingers crossed he'll score again, that would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)