Thursday 11 July 2024

Sweet Peas!




Yesterday, I picked my first bunch of Sweet Peas. I’d not been to the end of the garden for three days due to the wet weather and so I was delighted at what met my eyes!




 

Along with the purple, Hydrangea flower heads and a few Dahlias thrown in, it’s looking very pretty. I mainly grew ‘Cupani’, ‘Spencer Variety’ and ‘Winston Churchill’,  Sweet Peas, this year.







I’m always reminded of this delightful book when I pick my Sweet Peas…





 Here’s a snippet or two…












A rather charming story continues!






Followed by…









 








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. The book sounds charming, with such attractive ilustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, one of my favourite flowers and I can't get them to grow in any abundance, I do get a few blooms, never enough for a bunch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)