Thursday 18 January 2024

Celebrating sinks! 😁

 



The conversation went something like this:

“ We are having our kitchen renovated. We have a double, Belfast sink that we need to get rid of so would you like it?’

Anyone who knows me well, would know that was what they call a ‘no brainer’! I needed no time to ‘sink’ about that! πŸ˜†

And so the said sink was transported from a kitchen somewhere in Gloucestershire, to a South Devon garden. 

And very heavy it was too! So much so, that I didn’t faff around, saying to my other half, ‘Let’s try it here..NO…let’s try it here..or how about here?’ 

I went into the garden before it arrived and decided that it would be best to place it on the patio, rather than haul it up the steps and then have problems levelling it.

And then came the fun! 

I’m a lover of Alpines and whilst I was having a cuppa and browsing online, I came across a very nice site called ‘Ice Alpines’. 

This one was new to me. I do tend to have my favourites, along with the nurseries local to me but I thought I’d give this one a try…and they were offering collections of 8 or 10 at a very reasonable price, too…

 



In particular, I looked at the ‘Easy Alpine’ collection





The service was superb! Within no time at all, my plants were with me. They were well packed…and the package even included a free plant!

My pack included these:


                                                       Erigeron Four Winds



Ajuga reptans Burgundy Gold



Veronica Prostrata




Chaenorhinum  origaniganifolium ‘Blue Dream’




Polygonum vaccinifolium




Helianthemum Ben Vane




Campanula Mrs Resholt




Aster natalensis




Saxifrage Winifred Bevington




Erigeron Four Winds




Geranium Sanguinium ‘Shepherd’s Warning’




Erigeron karvinskianus

All that I need to do now… is get planting!

What with all of the vintage touches that are creeping into my garden, I can certainly say that it has everything AND the kitchen sink! I now have five,vintage sinks in my garden! Just don’t remind my other half of that! πŸ˜‚

But…before I finish, do you remember the small sink that I spotted in the summer, the sink that was sitting in a nursery not far away from where I live?  Well…it still sits in that nursery not far away…and it’s still NOT FOR SALE!😫

I guess that’s what I’ll be searching for, next! πŸ˜†





4 comments:

  1. What fun you're having. I assume you've got many more spots where further sinks can go. Keep your eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all 'sinking in' dear Sal - you are are so amazing in what turns up in your lovely garden! Theses plants will be so pretty later in the year.
    No heavy sinks to mail to you. . . . . . . but here's a few hugs and a lot of kisses coming postage-free!
    Mary & Bob oxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My alpines are in a bird bath, which the birds did not use, we have another for them, I do have 1 butlers sink, which was in our kitchen when we moved in, it was chipped so we removed it. My thing is chimney pots, I have 4 different styles, and I am always on the lookout for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i's lovely and I am all for a garden that includes recycling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)