Friday 19 January 2024

It’s a start!





Please don’t look too closely! This is my first attempt at crochet, in a very long time! I’m not very good at it right now but I’ve really enjoyed picking up the hook and giving it a go!




So, at the weekend, I started off with this simple throw. And it all went quite well!




I then tried to make a small mat but I got totally confused with the instructions and thus I made them up myself! Needs improvement!





Earlier, I looked back through my blog and one of the last things I crocheted, before this week, was a set of these Christmas mats, in 2009 :




 
I remember this well and I recall how pleased I was with these.






So…it’s a start and now I’m going to try hard to perfect my crocheting…as they do say, ‘Practise makes Perfect’, don’t they? 

Happy weekend, everyone! 🧶


 

7 comments:

  1. Your Christmas crochet is lovely. I like the colours in your little mat. It's frustrating when things don't quite work - that's when I usually scream;-) I keep trying to start crocheting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look perfect to me, beautiful in fact. Love all those colors, so cheerful! It makes me want to take up crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You use lovely colours together, I must try harder with my crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you really got moving on the throw Sal - looks awesome. Not a crocheter but enjoy knitting at night in front of the dumb TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, you'll get nothing else done now you are hooked on crochet again! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great to me! the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks lovely to me! You've used a lovely variety of colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)