Tuesday 3 October 2023

A delightful, gardening experience.

 



Longcombe Cross Garden Centre, which is on the road between Totnes and Paignton, has quickly become my favourite, small garden centre/ nursery. It’s about 15 minutes from where I live. I’ve now visited three times and each time there’s been a different display at the entrance. 

Today, a very gloomy, misty, grey day, I was greeted by some very bright and sunny watering cans!





On the other side of the entrance doors were some pretty Pansies, colourful Cyclamen and magnificent Michaelmas Daisies. Sited right next to these was a selection of some rather happy looking herbs..




…and some splendid succulents.





Dotted around, are seats for one to rest awhile, which for me is a bonus as I like to sit and gather my thoughts, now and again, and my energy levels are not what they once were.




I already have my eye on these fern, plant holders! They didn’t come home with me today…but they will! I’ve a small future project for which I’m gathering some fab ‘features’.

😂😂😂







Much thought is given to displays and although I didn’t photograph them, there are notices placed around here and there, that give you tips/ hints about the plants.






There are also polytunnels in which to browse; above are two…one with climbers and one with plenty of perennial plants at very reasonable prices…(I’ve lurked in this one more than anywhere else!) and then below, is as the sign says…






Once inside the shop, there is a selection of bulbs, garden tools and accessories, gifts, a few houseplants, plant pots and seeds. And beyond this, is the cafe and a small play area for toddlers.




 I like this place more and more; its not big and impersonal, the staff are very friendly, the displays are ever changing, the prices are reasonable and it’s a pleasurable, gardening experience.





5 comments:

  1. I do love a local nursery, rather than a garden centre, which often are chains and the staff know very little about the plants they sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better go and get those plant holders while they are still there. I’d hate for you to return to find them sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is certainly a bright and welcoming display. The plants look very healthy and I really like the fern plant holders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great place to visit Sal. I must tell my Teignmouth cousin as they love garden centres even though they now have just pots to fill - sold the cottage and moved into a flat!!
    See you soon - packing is underway!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)