Tuesday 5 September 2023

Across Dartmoor…


 

We are so fortunate that we have Dartmoor on our doorstep; whatever the time of year, it has a character of its own and it always pleases. The colours can change depending on the weather but its beauty always shines through. And so off we trundled across the moors, yesterday.




In the photo below, you can see Tavistock in the distance; behind Tavistock is Cornwall.





Passing through Tavistock, near Milton Abbot, is Endsleigh Nursery…an old fashioned nursery with old fashioned buildings and this is where we usually stop for a quick mooch. I only picked up two, small Alpine plants…which was very good for me!




And then we made our way across the county border…and into Cornwall. Just outside Launceston there’s a delightful farm and on this farm is Cowslip Workshops; this is where sewing, fabrics, gifts, vintage garden bits etc ..oh and cake …all meet together! You can wander around the garden area too.





It’s always the vintage, garden bits, scattered around the place, that I love!















‘Right up my street’…I only wish it was!








They also sell modern fabrics…which isn’t my thing, as I do prefer the vintage fabrics but nevertheless, they were lovely.




That done, it was the return journey home. The skies were blue and Dartmoor took on a calm and peaceful persona. It wasn’t very busy at all.




A grand day out!

6 comments:

  1. A perfect day. Dartmoor looks deceptively benign but how lovely to have it on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never visited this part of the UK on my several visits - my loss obviously. It looks like a beautiful area, with lots of scope for a curious naturalist. Best wishes - David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up in Somerset, we always headed to Dartmoor, love your photo's. Cowslip workshops looks brilliant, too far for me to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A grand day out indeed and worth the journey to wander around such an interesting place. Beautiful photos across the moors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have been on that day out - Dartmoor, place of my childhood, Sunday afternoon drives with picnics at Dartmeet. Still in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. What a lovely day out. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)