Tuesday 22 August 2023

Reclamation!

 

Not far from Exeter, is Station Road, Exminster, and that is where Toby’s Reclamation is situated. ‘Station Road’ should give you a clue as to what you’ll also see frequently flying past!




So Toby’s hasn't always been a reclamation yard...it was once a railway station: Exminster Station. And the 1852 station building still exists.

Exminster station closed for passenger traffic in 1964 and it closed for goods in 1967








I always enjoy a good wander around Toby’s Reclamation! You never know what you might find. It’s well laid out and better organised than many, similar places.






   Plenty of vintage signs are also on offer…












I didn’t come home with anything startling but I did pick up a large, blue, enamel bowl, that might make a container pond or failing that…well we shall see! 

😁



5 comments:

  1. That is a fascinating place for a wander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of interesting things to see there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love an afternoon here! My favourite times were when my late father and I would visit the local tip too, and I can't wander past a skip without a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun places to wander around, and if you buy something that’s a bonus. We are at the stage where we should start contributing to them, not acquiring more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks a fantastic place to visit! Such a shame all the small train lines were closed in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)