Thursday 13 July 2023

Thursday…



I love to have a small mug or jug on the patio table and fill it with whatever I choose for the week. This week, I looked in the hall cupboard and my ‘Abbot Pottery’, which I bought in about 1990, caught my eye.

This was a local pottery in my nearest town, Newton Abbot. It’s closed down now but at the time, when I was teaching, the owner was very accommodating and she allowed me to take my class of 9 year olds to the pottery.

Her ‘speciality’ was the design above and I have a few pieces, which I’ll show another time; I rather like it!
 





Meanwhile, I’m delighted at how the bees have invaded our garden! As I passed by the lavender, they were so hard at work. The sight, the sound, the smell…oh my!







And the other herb containers are thriving as well, probably due to the dry weather throughout May and June. July has brought a little rain but not enough to penetrate the borders, which are still very dry.











Meanwhile, in the planter, below, Ajuga, Thyme, Erigeron, Geum and a miniature Fuchsia, are living together, harmoniously.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)