Saturday 15 July 2023

Junk!


I love junk! 😂 I make no apology for that fact! I sometimes wonder if it’s in my blood, as my grandfather on my dad’s side was often to be found nosing around a local tip and it would drive my mum mad when he brought her something that he perceived to be useful but she had a different view, entirely! I think this tip was, possibly, illegal as it was in a country lane near his house but many people used it! I guess that one man’s junk really can be another’s treasure. Of course, this was in the 1960s when car boot sales hadn’t even been invented.



I’ve used all sorts of junk in the garden, in the past, (and, very often, much to my other half’s disgust!) And so when I found this book, a few years ago, it was right up my street! Indeed, I wish that old tip was too! 😂 I’d have a ‘field day’! 🤣


 

And so here are a few snippets from that book…for you to enjoy! And maybe, like me, you’ll feel inspired!!





      Shopping bags..now there’s a good idea! 




        Old toys also lend themselves to clever planting!



        
        Terracotta pots, old pipes, jugs…





                            And vintage tins are always a favourite.





    
Not to mention wood, wicker and ceramics…the quirkier the better!




 

4 comments:

  1. Oh! how this speaks to my heart! The tip was one of my favourite places to go with my late father. We were always taking things there, but never came back empty handed either. I struggle to get rid of anything that I can see a purpose for even if not immediate. Always repurposing long before it became the buzzword, I struggle to walk past a skip without diving in for a rummage. One man's trash is indeed another man's treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a brilliant book and there are some really super ideas in the photos for so many different objects. Great to see things being recycled too.

    Forgot to comment a few posts ago but I am SO pleased for you about the hedgehog visitor :)

    ReplyDelete

  3. There are some lovely ideas in your book. One man's junk is indeed another woman's joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a great book. I have one or two similar sort of books about decorating the garden using junk finds. My garden is full of things I've found at car boot sales.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)