Sunday 23 July 2023

Stop going on! 😁




Did I mention purple? 
I laughed as I stepped outside, between the showers, yesterday, and some fresh blooms had opened overnight…but not purple! Two blooms on the ‘Peace’ rose as well as one new bloom on, ‘ The Poet’s Wife’…and then, last night, quite a surprise! Unbeknown to me, a yellow Dahlia had made its entrance. Someone must’ve planted this under the large Bay tree that we inherited…its lengthy stem was lying along the ground and had made its way into the light …and then the flower had opened. 





Ok..I know…I know…stop going in about ‘Peace’, Sal ! In truth, I can’t help it! It’s the most beautiful rose that I’ve ever known. To me, it’s how roses should be! Nowadays, many blooms are so fussy and some don’t even look like roses; I like a rose to look like a rose! And Peace is that. I’m completely in ❤️





Meanwhile, talk about a statement plant! The Crocosmia is huge and we are considering splitting it as it will only become bigger and even more imposing! It’s behaving as if it owns the garden!




However, it is rather lovely against this black obelisk…(which is actually there for a Clematis to climb when it’s more established.)




 A couple of weeks ago, I took some cuttings of this dainty Erigeron Karvinskianus…and they’ve now rooted. I have a few of these dotted around as they lend themselves to the stone walls and stone containers in this garden.




And I love the colours! And there’s always room for more!





 

1 comment:

  1. 'Peace, perfect peace' - I used to tell my classes that was the teacher's hymn. Peace is a truly beautiful rose and deserves it accolades.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)