Wednesday 7 June 2023

‘Goings ons’ near the greenhouse!



At the moment, my greenhouse area is thriving, albeit temporary. We are going to re- do and enlarge the inherited, raised bed, in the autumn. For now, I’m making the best of it and I’ve planted Sweet Peas and left the rhubarb ( also inherited) in situ. My Cosmos, Zinnias and Sunflowers are about to be planted in the gaps.




My plan is to use the improved raised bed, for Sweet Peas and other cut flowers as well as Comfrey and also my Foxglove plants to over winter. I think that everyone should grow Comfrey for its fertiliser properties. It’s very easy to make liquid, Comfrey feed. Try it Here




Meanwhile, I’m going to commission my very artistic daughter to work some floral magic on my ‘GROW/SOW wall! 






I rather like this hidden part of the garden; it’s very private and peaceful.



      

      Happy gardening! 😁



2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks wonderful with so many interesting areas. I love the Grow Sow wall. We put in a couple of Comfrey plants this year in what we call the 'wild area' they and the Foxgloves have done well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Sal, to be able to visit your garden virtually, too! Thank you for your kind comments. And now in your garden I like the look of those beautiful raised beds and your daughter's arty signs ... wonderful! Our sunflowers are about knee-high; I so hope they survive the slugs ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)