Saturday 17 June 2023

Everything is coming up…




Gertrude Jekyll is many people’s favourite rose and I think it’s up there with my faves too…although my very favourite is actually ‘Peace’.  I think it’s the most beautiful rose ever! However, I haven’t yet bought ‘Peace’ for  the garden…that treat is still to come!




This rose, below, was given to me last year by my nephew. I’d been unwell and so it was a lovely surprise. It’s called, This Wonderful Life’ and it has certainly been truly wonderful!







Roald Dahl, below, has also been lovely; I teamed it with some purple Viola, for contrast.




And this gorgeous, yellow rose, below,  is ‘Rosa Flower Power’




As I was admiring its beauty, yesterday, my eyes fell upon…




A nice, fat Rose Chafer! It flew away with a strong ‘buzz’ as I touched the flower.

Meanwhile, talking of roses…

I’ve been somewhat naughty…whilst placing an order with Proctor’s Nursery, I came across this delightful rose,’ The Fairy’…



      …as well as this one, ‘Ruby Celebrations’…





Let’s just say that these two delights didn’t stay in Staffordshire. 

I do hope that they will be very happy here in South Devon! 😂

 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful selection of roses! And the rose chafer too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)