Saturday 25 March 2023

Wakey Wakey!


  
Spring has sprung; the garden is waking from its long sleep. It’s been tucked up for far too long, I think! I always love this time of year; you can almost see the plants springing up before your eyes..at least that how it seemed yesterday!

Here in South Devon, we’ve not had a harsh winter; we’ve had a couple of chilly spells, a very dry and sunny February and prior to that, a lot of rain.

Last summer was so dry that if any gardener has had any sense he/she will have collected plenty of rainwater throughout the autumn and winter … just in case! I know one gardener who has done just that and I think he’s very wise!




Today, I stepped outside and was pleasantly surprised to see my old sinks, that I brought with me when we moved and then planted in the autumn, looking so cheerful!








We did inherit some beautiful Camellias on moving here. This hot pink Camellia has teamed up with a Skimmia and it looks stunning right now.








I’m a massive Hellebore fan; they flower for a long spell and once they get going in the garden, they are a reliable and sturdy plant that always pleases. I’ve planted a variety of single and double since we moved here.




You can’t beat Primroses and Cowslips. In fact I far prefer the wild primrose to the highly coloured polyanthus. Last autumn, I also grew some different types of Primula from small plug plants and they are doing well in their pots. I was worried that very wet spell might’ve harmed them but it seems that I’ve only lost one plant.





Winter Aconites always add a splash of yellow to the garden…I love them! My little patch is doing well.




It’s only March yet the colour is creeping into the garden and making its presence felt! Spring has most definitely sprung and now the garden can only get better! I’m think I’m going to enjoy this!







1 comment:

  1. Hello! New here...Love all your beautiful flowers!
    Gorgeous garden...
    Enjoy the weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)