Thursday 15 April 2021

Growing together...




Always one for a challenge when it comes to garden issues, I noticed, recently, that ‘The National Botanic Garden of Wales’ has teamed up with ‘Swansea University’ and were asking for volunteers to take part in a ‘Growing Together’ study, looking at how growing plants, volunteering and being part of a community, impacts well being.




So, I completed a questionnaire and awaited the arrival of my seeds...which appeared today. Anyone who is a gardener knows the excitement when seeds arrive or are purchased...you just can’t have enough seeds!




The idea is that I sow these seeds and then nurture and enjoy the results through the summer, after which I collect the seeds, send them back and these will be used at NHS sites, next year.



What could be more simple than that?

They are not accepting any new registrations due to the high demand...so watch this space and I’ll give you regular progress reports re my seeds! I hope!๐Ÿ˜






3 comments:

  1. See Dat you do
    Don’t Welsh on your promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful project!

    So glad you got into it, when you did!

    ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I’m sowing seeds also -mostly herbs especially basil, dill & parsley - also vining moonflower and morning glory which I train to climb up the front porch - the hummingbirds enjoy them

    Lovely to be part of a study - love poppies and cornflowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)