Wednesday 21 April 2021

Blossom...


I recently saw this on the RHS Libraries Twitter page and I thought
 it was really rather lovely.


Prunus Persica by Catherine Stewart Gladstone 



 
This is the time of year when blossom really does come into its own. Whilst having a quick wander around our garden, earlier, I noticed the apple blossom was looking splendid...







The Amelanchier Canadensis has just come into bloom. It’s so pretty and delicate.



We’re having very fine weather right now...I’ve had to get out the hose pipe in desperation! 

But boy, do we need some rain! Preferably, during the night!

7 comments:

  1. What a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Illustration...

    Gorgeous photos...

    Wish I could smell your blossoms!!!!!!!

    🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, we have been having lots of April showers!

    Sorry I can't send some, to you.

    🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete

  4. That is a beautiful painting Sal -
    We haven't had much rain for a while but it's predicted to fall in buckets tomorrow!
    I see your raised beds - do you grow veggies there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do, Mary. This year, I’m growing onions, squash, mange tout, sweetcorn, lettuce, radish...also rhubarb, strawberries.
    I’m hoping to have two more raised beds built for me, later on so I can do more!
    I’ve also got Dahlias, Sweet Peas, Gladioli etc etc in some of the beds.
    😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, apple blossom is beautiful isn't it? And a magnet for bees too. I love blossom, it's a real sign of spring - glorious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)