Monday 5 March 2012

The Rag Trade...and more!



Saturday came...





We arrived at Trull, near Taunton, just as the

doors were about to open for the first

'Rag and Rummage' fair, organised by Lizzie and Clare of the now very famous

and original, ' Vintage Bazaar'.




In the queue, we bumped into Julie:


who introduced us to another lovely blogger:




It's always good to see bloggy friends and make new ones too.




Inside the hall..

busy or what?



And of course no vintage event is complete unless it has 'supplies'

to keep one's energy high!




I couldn't believe how many people were keen to

rummage for their rags !

And you got exactly what it said on the tin!

Here was rag and rummaging at its VERY VERY best!!!LOL !

Well done Lizzie, for putting on such a splendid event!

And of course, events like these always give one a chance to promote

future 'Goings Ons!'

I even managed to give out one or two cards for my next fair,

'NOSTALGIC MIX' at Totnes....coming very soon!!




I didn't buy very much but what I did find was 'just up my street,

from Donna and Woo/Sue stalls.

(I wish the fair had been just up my street! )




After that, we'd intended to take the steam train from Bishops Lydeard to Minehead.

But sadly, when we got to the station , we must've missed a train

and there was a two hour wait for the next train.

So we'll do that trip another time! ;-(




Sunday...(MORE VINTAGE!)




...was a Topsham day!

We decided to go the the Antiques Centre on Topsham Quay.




Another fine rummage!

This place has three floors and there's

a wealth of items through which to browse.








Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

;-)

4 comments:

  1. Busy or what on Saturday, we arrived early and glad we did - even Alex was surprised! I really enjoyed myself bought a few things and promoted our fair which Lizzie was only too pleased to do, I have thanked her on every blog I have visited so I thank her again!

    Did you notice how much the black cat was......? I have one just like it!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day indeed and it was great to meet you ;-) Thank you for the little mention here. You took some amazing photo's and i love the fabrics you bought those are really pretty. I haven't been to topshom for ages seeing the photo's of the antique centre i may have to pay a visit soon. Have a good week, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great post, glad you enjoyed the "rummage". Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)