Monday 7 November 2011

Three Helens and a Meggy...plus some black swans! ;-)




Isn't this beautiful?

When we were at Frome, last week, I waited eagerly for a certain someone

to turn up with something that I had bought from her ; something to put away

for Meggy, for when she is older!




A gorgeous crib, beautifully made (naturally!) by the very talented Helen !

(Hen!)





With a lovely little embroidered pillow, beautiful patchwork cover and

wonderful finishing touches, this is a real delight for a little girl!




So, how could I not resist it?




I've put in a lovely knitted bunny, which I bought from another

very clever Helen:




I've also included a little rag doll which I happened to see in M&S!




Now all we need, is for one little girl to grow up a bit!

Meanwhile, it is living under my stairs with an assortment of toys in it!

Thank you Hen. It is beautiful and I know it will

bring hours of fun!!

Meanwhile....here's the lucky recipient...





Meggy is almost 9 months old now!

She isn't crawling but is slowly moving around on her bottom!

This, I think, was inevitable as both her mum and dad...and grandma..

bottom shuffled!

She's a very content little girl indeed and we love her to bits!



Yesterday , we went to visit and gave her an early Christmas present...

a little bean bag chair

which Helen (yet another Helen!) and Ben, said they would like for her.




Here she is , proudly showing off her two bottom teeth!




On the way home, we stopped off at Dawlish, for a wander .




Dawlish is the home of the famous black swans!

The black swans were introduced to the town from New Zealand,

by a man called John Nash...who was born in Dawlish but emigrated

during adulthood.




After that, he paid frequent visits to Dawlish.

The black swan has been the town's emblem for over forty years.





Finally, I am gathering more vintage fabrics and getting ready for my next vintage fair...

THE HOMESPUN FAIR...

This is the lovely fair at Portscatho.

It's on Sunday 27th November.



Have a great week everyone!

;-)

8 comments:

  1. I purchased a crib from Hen too for Caitlin - gorgeous aren't they.
    http://kcscourt.blogspot.com/2011/10/jolly-weekend_02.html Megan is a real cutey.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sal,
    What a beautiful post. Just love the beautiful embroidery and what sweet items for the little ones. Your Granddaughter is adorable and she is one lucky little girl to have a Grandmother like you. Enjoy and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this crib went to a super special home, Sal. Love the little toys who have already taken up residence. I hope one day to see little Meggy playing with it.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this in the flesh the other day...it's really beautiful...Hen is a very fine needlewoman!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bless her, she is adorable. What a little cutie.

    And that crib is divine, She is one lucky little lady - love the toys that go with it too. WOuld be tempted to get it out and have a play with it myself (and have to confess to doing that with some of my daughter's toys - there are some I enjoy more than her I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the tale of the black swans.
    A few years ago my mum'd mentioned them, saying she'd seen them when she and dad were on honeymoon in the West Country. I always look out for them when we go past on the train and Mr B got a little bit of film a couple of weeks ago!
    I like to think that the ones there now are distant relations of the ones my parents saw! (Soppy, I know!)
    Meggy is so cute, thanks for sharing!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What absolutely beautiful gifts for a beautiful little girl. So much nicer than all the mass produced stuff that is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely... and what a sweetie she is with her 2 teeth! see you at Portscatho Sal! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)