Friday 3 June 2011

Birds, textiles, horses and a 'welcome home' !;-)



We've had an amazing variety of birds in the garden , just lately!

On Wednesday, I was sitting minding my own business

( Before my dear other half says it...that's rare for me!)

when all of a sudden.... ' thump' .

I thought we would need to buy a new lounge patio window!

There on the step, very stunned was a young....




The highlight of the week!

I kept watch for a while, took a few pics through the glass

then opened the door and off it flew.


Meanwhile...

This weekend sees me going off to Chipping Sodbury

for yet another of those WONDERFUL events

The Vintage and Handmade Textile Fair.

It suddenly struck me that the last V&H fair was held on the day

of the Grand National (which prompted me to

pen that horsey blog post afterwards!)

Well...this time...guess what...it's Derby day tomorrow!!





I'm not sure if I'll be able to come up with another horse racing blog post though!

But I will return with pics,obviously...of all things textile!

Finally...

Tonight, after my teaching, I have to go to the railway station

and pick up a traveller!!

I've spent some of the day 'tidying' his plot and generally

making sure that it is 'up to standard!'

Oh..and I've bought him a welcome mat !! ;-)

I can't wait to hear all about his travels around Canada.



Have a great weekend , everyone!!

;-)

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time tomorrow
    I hope your son had a great time in Canada - sure you will hear all about it soon!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I didn't realise we were on the same day as the races again!

    Bet you are happy to have N back home again.

    Safe journey tomorrow & see you bright & early!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not actually going to wipe your feet on that lovely mat are you Sal?

    Enjoy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and safe trip for tomorrow Sal...it's going to be a scorcher!
    And welcome home to Nich too!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely day at the fair, and put a bet on on the way! lol!

    How cute is the bird, is it a woodpecker?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly bird!! Have a great time today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you today Sal. So glad you have your boy back safe and sound :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)