Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Vintage hankies for doll sized fashions! A fabulous book!


A few weeks ago, I stumbled across the nicest book on Amazon!

The only trouble was that it had not been published and so I pre ordered it

and thought I'd have to wait a while.

I hate waiting for things!



Then I received an email to say that the book would be

available sooner than first stated.



And it arrived today!

'I've always had a love affair with fabric'

Hmmm....that sounds familiar!!




This book is such a treat and is full of ideas and patterns for doll sized fashions

... and inspiration for so much more!





I can see a huge increase in the sales of vintage (and even non vintage)

hankies and Sindy/Barbie dolls!







Ha ha...how to keep your husband...well, maybe not when you are constantly

blogging and hunting for vintage items, every day!








Anyway...this book is a must ; it's delightful and at £6.99

with free postage it's a bargain!

Well that's what I think!

Go to the link below. You can take a look inside the book and there

are plenty of pages to look at!

******




22 comments:

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC BOOK! DROOL!!!

Hen said...

What a great find Sal, thanks for showing us. I have a bad weakness for old hankies, I ha ve quite a collection now and of course, dressing dollies has become my current obsession! I also love that fabric in the background of your photos, white with flowers and little black dots. Yummy!
Hen x

Country Cottage Chic said...

What a great use for old hankies!
Are you goingto start dolly dressmaking now?

Jayne

Country Cottage Chic said...

PS....have had to order it now to add to my other doll books...

;-)

KC'sCourt! said...

Thanks Sal, I'm off to seek out that book
As a child I loved my dolls and always dressed them in hankies wrapped and tied with a ribbon, and I can make clothes for real - not for me I hasten to add for Caitlin!
Julie xxxxxxx

The Weaver of Grass said...

I understand that vintage is now very big business Sal - and it seems to me that you are in the forefront.

Aunty Bee said...

I love hankies and Sindy, what a wonderful combination. Delicious book.

dosierosie said...

What a great fun book.
Gillx

Gina said...

That is gorgeous... makes me wish I'd kept my Sindy doll!

Vintage from the Village said...

What a fab and unusual book ! I must get my hankie stash out and get them on Ebay !
Sue x

Menopausal musing said...

That book just had your name written on it. Loved the page with the racks of clothes..........

Florence and Mary said...

What an amazing looking book!

Victoria x

sharie said...

Are there actual patterns in this book or is it just pics of dresses?
Wouldn't mind buying it if there are real patterns in there! I have a large Sindy collection

Vintage Sunday said...

Oh what a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing it! I'm sure glad I kept all my vintage hankies! God bless, Brenda

Puppet Lady said...

What a beautiful and inspiring book! Sadly I don't have any vintage hankies - I never realised they could be so varied and colourful.

Kid Rock Tickets said...

That fantastic! realy! these website is way better then everything I ever saw.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hello Sal,
Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. What an amazing book and now I wish I kept my Barbies. Just love those Hankies. Have a wonderful day!

tracey @ the vintage bothy said...

Fantastic book Sal!
T x

Andi's English Attic said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I LOVE the look of this book. I'm off to check it out. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. xx

June said...

What a little gem!
June.

THIS'N'THAT said...

Well! That calls for a rummage in the drawers! Then, do I bring hankies to sell at the fair or keep them and order the book .... I used to be indecisive and now I'm not sure:)
Lesley XX

Carol said...

Fabulous book, aaargh no, I refuse to click on the link, can't buy any more, no, no........ stop tempting me!
Carol xx