Thursday, 10 March 2011

'ello 'ello 'ello! Whats going on 'ere then ? ;-)



A certain someone's birthday is coming very soon!

But what to give him?!



Just after we were married, I recall racking my brains !

I had no idea what to get dear Mr S!

And then, lo and behold, I saw an advert in Country Living:

Dumb waiters, hand crafted!

' Ah ha ', thought I...so I rang the number in the advert

and after a long conversation and much secrecy...

Mr S 'number 2' was born!!

(OMG it's bad enough living with one of them, let alone two!!) ;-)



At the time, Mr Snippets was a proud member of the Devon and Cornwall Police

and so it seemed rather apt to present him with this lovely dumb waiter.

Incredibly, I think it's quite a likeness!! And I do remember

laughing my head off when it arrived!

Of course, he was not Mr Snippets at the time,

that name being relatively new!

Anyway...hope you all have a lovely weekend...and behave yourselves!

I'm off to Totnes tomorrow ... present hunting!


;-)



8 comments:

Alix said...

Love Mr Snippet's dumb waiter! Have fun hunting for presents - I bet it will be easy to get distracted by some of the lovely shops you've shown on your blog...

KC'sCourt! said...

Oh he is great
Julie xxxxx

gill said...

Gorgeous!! I want one!!!

Bohomumma said...

he's great!!

Good luck with the present shopping, am sure you'll have a lovely time in Totnes either way

Linda Gilbert said...

Hope you both have a great day x

Andi's English Attic said...

Now he looks like the kind of policeman who'll issue something delicious rather than a ticket.

Happy birthday Mr. Snippets!

galant said...

It's the lad himself, to a T!

Margaret P

Felicity said...

oh your sooooo lucky whish i could come with you! i love mr snippets dumb waiter i hate trying to get steve presents although he seems to like vintage dinky cars at the mo! fliss xxx