Thursday 9 December 2010

Tea Tiffin and Tat!! ;-)



Yesterday, four of us met in my lounge, for Tea Tiffin and Tat!!

It was a lovely little get together, with coffee and mince pies...

and a bit of 'show and tell' thrown in!

Amanda brought along some vintage Christmas decorations












And Sarah brought along a vintage quilt!!

Probably dating from the 1930s , this was vintage at its best!

This was history!




















I also showed my old Family Circle Christmas magazines from the 1970s!

I just love these magazines and they never fail to please

when, each December, I sit and read them and look at the old adverts

in their distinctive style.




And finally, I showed this :

http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=131

The Persephone Diary

I'm a huge Persephone books fan and this diary is simply lovely!

I'll show you more of this another time...

as its worthy of a post on its own!

Tea, Tiffin and Tat will meet again on

12th January, 10.30am...everyone welcome!

;-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sal, I look forward to the day that I can come to tea tiffin & tat! The quilt looks really unusual, the type of thing that I would make, ie, just pieced together none of this precise square & triangle nonsense! :-)
    T X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you gals had a fun time.. sadly I was at the workhouse all day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely hour or so yesterday morning Sal...thanks so much!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Lovely things in your show and tell. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely things there Sal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, such lovely things, sounds like it was a great morning, and those decorations are simply fantastic - defintely gets me in the mood to decorate our tree tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry not to have made it - yet again! I shall make it one of these days! Yesterday was spent looking for presents as I've left it late as I always do. Can't get into the Christmas spirit until at the last minute. I don't want deckies up for weeks beforehand. So went with Long List and got Most Of It, even a tree from the Marldon Christmas Tree Farm (expensive but home-grown ... or should that be free-range, organic tree, har, har!)
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea - tea, tiffin and tat (I could provide a lot of the latter!)
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)