Friday 26 July 2024

Out and about…


 

Buckfast Abbey is becoming a regular visit when I go out for coffee with Nich and William..and this is where we went on Wednesday. 





It is such a calming place and it oozes serenity!





We sat in the outside part of the cafe, overlooking the Lavender garden, watching the world go by.




     

The world must be such a fascinating place for a three year old! Waiting patiently for his cake, I could see that he was taking in the view.




Meanwhile, back in the garden, it’s Dahlia time. I really love the pink/yellow Dahlia…

’Bahama Mama’.





And Nasturtiums are popping up everywhere! I poke the seeds in anywhere that I can, in early summer.






Here’s the lovely Thyme that I purchased at Lupton House. I’ve not yet found a home for it.





Meanwhile, I hope that everyone has a good weekend!




5 comments:

  1. I love Thyme. Mine doesn't seem to be growing anywhere near as well as yours. Beautiful pictures of the Abbey, and the lavender garden looks gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to the Abbey a few times and agree it's a perfect place to unwind and feel at peace with yourself. I have once been in the vaults below the abbey which is a beautiful huge space with loads of perfect arches. Your garden is very colourful, hope your weekend is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is so simple when you're three. What a pity we have to lose that innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful garden at Buckfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The abbey looks lovely! I've never visited.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)