Friday 14 June 2024

Euro 2024

 I realise that football isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but being a football lover, I’m looking forward to the start of Euro 2024, which begins this evening with the first match kicking off: Germany v Scotland. I’m hoping that Scotland will pull off a victory in Munich but it will be a tough one for them. Scotland’s group will really test their strength and skill!




Meanwhile, England start their tournament on Sunday evening, playing against Serbia. England have an easier group but that really means nothing!




England were very uninspiring during their pre tournament friendlies and I don’t feel overly confident about their chances. We shall see! The beer is ready and me and my other half will be watching and hoping. And my ‘football buddy,’ Nich will be no doubt messaging me as we usually enjoy these tournaments together, if not sat in the same room. The banter is always hilarious!

Indeed, the fun started yesterday when he sent me this funny, below. We have to spare a thought for the Welsh, who are, sadly, not taking part!




Meanwhile, here are the remaining groups and here’s hoping for an exciting Euro 2024.











⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️










2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to avoid watching too much football as Queens Club Tennis is on and then Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Wales! At least they won't have to waste money getting there and back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)