Monday 13 May 2024

The Garden!


 
After a lovely weekend of weather, here in South Devon, it’s a dull, wet, Monday! And any gardening jobs have had to be put off until another day!

We had a trip to The South Hams, on Saturday…here’s Blackpool Sands..




Arriving at Torcross, we always make a beeline for ‘The Billy Can’. The food and service are superb! I can’t speak highly enough about this lovely cafe!




After that, we made our way to The Avon Mill garden centre…where I picked up some scented Geranium and a tray of Lobelia. Meanwhile…

Back home and the garden is looking good, very green and very lush; it’s hardly surprising what with all the months of rain! In particular, Chives seems to do well here.





Remember this…




I’ve  been spending a lot of time sitting in this part of the garden, especially lately, pricking out seedlings and generally potting and pottering.








I’ve planted Sweet Peas…I’ve 5 obelisks which aren’t that tall and so I’ve asked my other half if he could make me some better ones for next year…I saw a photo on Twitter and really fancy something like these below…lovely and colourful ! It’s from a page called, ‘Lovely plot’. How pretty is this:




Meanwhile, my Clematis has been going mad!






And my Honesty is now producing seeds…





I’ve been pricking out Sweet Rocket, Hollyhocks, Marigolds, Sunflowers and Antirrhinum as well as poking Nasturtium seeds all over the place!




So everything is going well in the garden…apart from the weather!








3 comments:

  1. The rain had to be good for something, after all. Your clematis is wonderful. Ours haven't got going yet, but the pyracantha are blooming, not all at the same time, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely. Everything seems to be growing quickly, since the warmer weather arrived. XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks lovely as ever. I love the photo of Blackpool Sands too, so different from Blackpool in the north of England where I spent many a childhood day out in the summer of the 70s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)