Wednesday 29 May 2024

Garden beauty ( and don’t forget my greenhouse !) 😁




There is much beauty in the garden right now and Gertrude Jekyll is leading the way! And whilst we are talking about pink…




I bought this lovely Clematis, last year but I can’t remember the name. I’m sure that the label is still attached and so I need to investigate!




I have Primula Candelabra all over the garden; I grew them on from plug plants, last year and they are doing very nicely, I think because the soil has been quite damp for some time.




Roald Dahl! It’s behaving very well, in a large pot on my patio! Plenty of buds too… waiting to impress!
 


Meanwhile, in my greenhouse…😂





I lie! Obviously!

Yesterday, we visited Torre Abbey, where they have the most lovely, Victorian, Palm House. It’s full of beautiful plants, especially the Bougainvillea, which winds its way along the metal structure. I always admire this beautiful plant.






Built in 1969, the palm house offers a collection of tropical and sub tropical plants, many being rare and endangered; some of these were donated by Kew Gardens.





Always a pleasure! 







3 comments:

  1. That's an impressive greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Your' greenhouse is impressive. I must admit, for a moment, I did think it was yours :)
    Although your flowers are gorgeous. I'm rather envious of all that colour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me there with your greenhouse! 🤣

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)