Sunday 17 December 2023

More Christmas goings ons! πŸŒ²πŸŽ…πŸŒ²πŸŽ…πŸŒ²πŸŽ…πŸŒ²





 

This morning I was all geared up for doing various chores etc. And so asking my husband to do a simple task to help, I couldn’t understand why he actually did the task but then disappeared for what seemed like an age! Husbands can be strange! I started to get worried as I couldn’t hear him in his workshop either. 

However, he appeared some time later and asked me to come to the bedroom window to help him identify something outside! And unbeknown to me…this was what he’d been up to! Bless that man!






We live in an area, that many years ago, we christened, ‘Tinsel Town’. I used to put my children in the car and drive over here just to show them the lights on the many houses! They loved it! However, we drove around a few days ago and I was quite disappointed! Underwhelmed in fact! So I just happened to mention how lovely it would be to do something ‘Christmas lights’ wise. We live at the end of a three house cul de sac and so we have the perfect place to string the lights, for effect!


Meanwhile, I’d been making the house ready for guests, today and also admiring this lovely card from Nich and family…


…as well as lighting a couple of candles…I’m a Yankee Candle fan! I know that there are so many lovely candles on the market but for burning time and scent, I like these the most…this one being ‘Red Apple Wreath’…





I love the smells around the house at Christmas time and making one’s own pot pourri is easy too! I recently used some oranges and lemons that had gone past their best and I added them to a small bag of pot pourri that someone had given to me.




I was also ‘faffing around’, as one does, with a bag of moss, some vintage terracotta pots, pine cones, candles, berries and catkins…




I’ve got quite a production line going, just for extra gifts should anyone call!






And here’s another must for the coffee table at Christmas! The Radio Times, that is! Nich very kindly picked this up for me and I’m looking forward to earmarking the viewing that appeals to me. I just hope that there will be something worth watching as over the last few weeks, we’ve struggled to find anything worth watching!

I love University Challenge and I see that the Christmas episodes are on this week and next…which might mean we’ll be able to answer a few more of the questions than we usually do! I admit that I’m not a massive fan of the present set up. Not only does Amol Rajan read the questions far too quickly, (and he even speeds up towards the end of the show) but nowadays there is so little thinking time as the students buzz so quickly! But I still love to watch the show and keep my brain active! 




Finally, I actually managed to do some reading as well…just three chapters! It’s easy reading but guaranteed to get one firmly into the Christmas spirit!




The Christmas books are always part of my Christmas and they all add to the flavour of the festive season! That’s for the next blog post! 

And finally, did anyone watch Strictly, the final?
I’ve loved it and someone managed to persuade ‘Mr Snippets’ to watch it too. His commentary is always far better than anyone’s! 😁 I had to bribe him with a ‘Dine in meal for 2’! And so, every Saturday, we settled down to watch Strictly with our meal…and I’ve loved every minute of it! And I’m very glad that Ellie and her partner, Vito, won this year’s competition!




6 comments:

  1. You certainly do Christmas in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you're fully geared up for Christmas. Christmas lights have been fairly outrageous round here in recent years, but this year not so much so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I am that man, then I am already blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lights are lovely and your home must smell amazing at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa can call on you if his elves need any extra help - you've been very productive! And those pots are so lovely, I might need to call round unexpectedly ;)
    Your light display is beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well what a wonderful surprise - 'Mr. Snippets' certainly worked his magic at your house, so lovely! T, I need you here - Bob's useless with anything electrical!! He sends you Christmas greetings BTW!
    Wish I could sneak by and pick up one of those lovely pots you created dear! Glad you are able to get Yankee Candles over there, they are very good, but I was sad when they discontinued my favorite a few years back. Candles are somethng I love to have around too, right now I'm burning a Mistletoe Martini small one on the table, it's lovely. I also picked up a couple of the candles with crackling wicks - are you familar with them?
    Your neighborhood is looking bright by now I'm sure - almost time, and I just know Santa will find his way to the nicest people!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)