Thursday 27 July 2023

Bottles for the bunches!

 



I’m getting through bunches of Sweet Peas like hot dinners! I’ve also discovered some rather lovely bottles, ideal for my bunches! And I didn’t even have to buy them! I was out for coffee at my sister’s, a couple of weeks ago…well, when I say coffee, what used to be coffee and a cake, over the months, has become coffee, cake, lunch, many cuppas and a cold drink to finish off with before we roll home at around 4pm …ish!😂



Out came the cold drinks, last visit, and my beady eyes fell upon these ‘Firefly’ bottles. I’ve never seen them or bought them, but they come in a variety of flavours and a variety of designs on the bottles.





So, I chose the peach and green tea bottle and asked, politely, if I could please have the bottle for my flowers! I like to re-use such things; these are so pretty and they were only going to be thrown away!





Fast forward two weeks and on Tuesday out came the cold drinks again! My sister looked at me and laughed…as I chose the kiwi, lime and mint. She knew exactly why!




Pretty things seem to be the order of the day right now. On a different note, I discovered some pretty, garden labels fabric in my stash and I’ve listed it on eBay…I’m sure that someone will enjoy using it!






9 comments:

  1. The firefly bottles are so pretty just right for displaying your sweet peas. Your coffee/lunch/cake days with your sister sound like fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bottles and even prettier fabric. I'm sure someone will snap it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have not seen them either and what a perfect vase for your sweet peas! I have not grown them this year and I miss them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anything like those firefly bottles - they are so very pretty and perfect to use as vases. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good way to solve your problem of so many bunches of sweet peas. Way back in the day, I used to do the same thing with Lancers Rose wine.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bottles , I've seen them in the grocery store before... good idea to use them as a vase.
    Have fun with the fabric - for whoever - something beautiful will come out of it :-)))
    Viola wishes you a happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous flowers and yes, the bottles are lovely, especially the mint one, a very nice find! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to you for reusing those bottles. More people should follow your example.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bottles look lovely with flowers in them! I sometimes put candles in the top of reused wine bottles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)