Saturday 3 June 2023

Sowing, planting, buying….and loving! ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ


 

Come May, I always think that the garden is either like ‘party time’ or it’s as if the plants are making a grand entrance on to a stage in a theatre! At the moment, everything in the garden is looking fresh and delightful and the flowers are shouting out, in harmony!

I do have a greenhouse full of plants sown by my own hand: Cosmos, Zinnia, Sunflowers, Sweet Peas and Wild flowers…and not forgetting the perennial and biennial seeds I’ve just sown, such as Honesty, Foxgloves, Cowslip, Primroses. Actually, I’ve planted the Sweet Peas and in spite of the lack of rain, they are thriving…I’ll be interested to see what I’ve planted and where… as I forgot to label them! Watch this space! Should be an interesting mix!

I planted these Erysimum and Geum in the autumn; both are a great addition to the garden…ever reliable!



And a few days ago, I wasn’t really paying that much attention when my other half said, ‘ Sal there’s a rose bush over on the right hand side of the garden; it’s in bloom!’

It was only when I took a closer look, I realised that it was Philadelphus ‘ Belle Etoile’…one of the plants that we’ve inherited when moving here!



However, although I love raising my own plants, I can’t resist a spend at a local nursery … let’s just say that I never return home empty handed! I’d be so disappointed if I did! I mean, one has to support local businesses, doesn’t one? ๐Ÿ˜† I hasten to add that I’m the same with books…(and candles, at Christmas!)

Thus, these Million Bells and Nemesia came home with me from Plant World…




These Astrantia came home with me from the plant centre run by Urban and Rural Plants at Powderham…


This beautiful David Austin, Gertrude Jekyll rose, came home with me from the local Otter Nurseries…


…as did Roald Dahl…


…and ditto, this pretty Gerbera…


                      And I reckon there’s always room for one more plant in the garden…don’t you? ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 comment:

  1. You can never have too many plants and you have some lovely ones. All your flowers are delightful:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)