Friday 26 May 2023

More than just a garden bench…


A new, garden bench arrived yesterday; a handsome teak garden bench which will hopefully last a while.We bought it to replace one which was purchased about eight years ago at a garden fair…but sadly, the legs have started to rot. Here it is in our old garden…



But true to form, I won’t be getting rid! Oh no! I love it too much! I remember the day when we first ‘clapped eyes’ on it at Toby Buckland’s Garden Festival, Powderham in 2015. 

And here it is…all lovely and shiny! The words were what really attracted me!




I have to admit that I have a ‘thing’ about garden benches…and I love to display my finds on them!

This photo was taken when we arrived home from a garden fair in Chagford, 2010:






And then, a year later, much to my other half’s delight, we visited Chagford again to yet another garden fair…and came home with more goodies…here they are displayed on that same garden bench!






And so what to do with my ‘romantic’ old bench, which we’ve  moved to a shady place under some trees? Well! I guess a bit of ‘tarting up’ with a few old, vintage garden delights, for starters!




I’m working on it! 😉




                                               So..watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)