Saturday 18 March 2023

Faffing around..and thinking…




Today, I made my way to the end of the garden to do some tidying, some organising, some faffing around and some thinking! Getting to grips with a new garden isn’t the easiest thing to do and yet here we are, six months after moving in, and sowing time is just about upon us! 

Yikes! One needs to get a move on!



Because we moved house, last year, in order to downsize, this also meant that I had to say goodbye to my lovely, large potting area.You don’t realise how much you miss something until it’s gone, do you?!  Well, IT wasn’t gone…but I was!




I may not have a potting shed in the new garden…. but that didn’t stop me from bringing the sign!



              (As well as all sorts of other necessary bits and pieces!)



I sat there for a while…pondering..as well as watching the Camellia drop its delicate, rosy pink petals.




As with all other abodes in my life, I do have a greenhouse, albeit
smaller. And right now it is full of the things that belonged in the old potting area. So what to do?!

 I came to the conclusion that I needed a potting bench! 
And I have just the space for it…(rhs in the photo, below.)



 On returning inside, I decided to look for a plain and simple potting bench; nothing fancy yet a bench to suit my needs….and I came across this…



Job done…and I now look forward to delivery at the end of this week! I just need to find a ‘man who can’ to put it all together for me…and then I can faff around some more, to my heart’s content!



  And now…it really is seed sowing time…so watch this space!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)