Wednesday 9 June 2021

What’s going on?!

Incredibly, as we sat by our pond with our afternoon drink, yesterday, we were amazed when something flew very low over the pond. It visited three times and we sat as still as statues observing. It was 2.30pm ish. I didn’t manage to catch the visitor as I didn’t dare reach for my camera…but..it was… a bat! 





Meanwhile, around the pond, nature just gets on with her job..and a great job she makes of it!



A pretty Iris Versicolor; the flowers don’t last long but they are so pretty.



I’m well impressed with this Primula. It’s gone on and on. Its called Apple Blossom. It’s the only one that we have, so I’ve added a couple more to a plant order…. as I think plants are so much better in threes!




This is cress. I bought a bag of it in my grocery order! I put it, in bunches, in 6 mini milk bottles and left it for a few days. It rooted faster than ever! So then I tied the rooted pieces together and weighed them down on the pond beach. Lo and behold..it’s now in flower. 



A lovely Campanula blooms, happily, at the edge of the pond. 


 
Erigeron is everywhere on the bank by the pond! We call it Devon Daisy because it grows so well in this area. So reliable.




The Helianthemum or Rock Rose, is a delightful shade of pinkish red. It’s now peeping through and showing itself off, so beautifully.




Just below the pond we have a wild area. It’s full of Campion, Foxgloves, Greater Celandine, Ox Eye Daisies etc. 






Finally, we had a lovely walk…and this just shows that if you open your eyes, it’s all there to see.





1 comment:

  1. I love these photos of your garden. I have a tiny pond so I think I will try your trick with the watercress.
    Your garden has such a natural, beautiful feel to it- perfect in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)