Tuesday 4 May 2021

Mr Cuthbert’s Guides...and strange coincidences!

 




As with the ISpy books, these little books take pride of place on the gardening shelves of my bookcase. They say that the best things come in small packages...and this is proof! Measuring less than 5 ins x 4 ins, there’s so much packed into them that is just as valid today as when they were published... and some of these were first published in February 1953! (The month and year of my birth! And they are probably in better condition than I am! 🤣😂🤣)

There’s a lovely message inside each book....




Now here’s a strange coincidence!

I did my second teaching practice in that very place..Goffs Oak! And I had the most wonderful time too!

But there is another stage coincidence....

At my first teaching practice, in nearby Cuffley, my teacher was actually called....

Mrs Cuthbert!






Back to the books...

Inside each are so many hints and tips...












And of course, the real appeal of these lovely books is that each has a beautiful cover..back and front.



  
        Nothing short of gorgeous! Very inspiring!




     
     I’m sure that you will agree!




1 comment:

  1. Such a pocketful of colour, as well as information
    Of all the lovely plants from across our great nation

    Stars of many gardener’s potting table or bookcase
    Thrilling enough a read to make anyone’s blood race

    Stars I say, Yes! Surely bound to make the billing
    And priced reasonably too at only 9d or a shilling

    So thanks for all his guides as well as his best efforts
    I am pleased to this day, to own copies of Mr Cuthbert’s

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)