Tuesday 27 April 2021

....with my little eye!



I love these little books! 
As I mentioned, recently, usually one of these would be tucked into my back pocket when I was young and went out and about to play in the woods or on the common. So I’ve tried to collect the vintage versions of these books that I once owned in those days gone by. There are one or two that I’m missing
so I need to go in search of those to add to my collection.




As you can see, some were sixpence and others were one shilling.  
That’s U.K. ‘old money’ which is the equivalent of 2.5pence and 5pence in U.K. new money.

A bargain I reckon!

This is my favourite! It had to be, didn’t it?




So here’s what you got for your shilling...and of course you received so many points for the things that you managed to spy!


















                                         
                Simple, yet oh so charming! 



1 comment:

  1. I wished I had kept mine as well as my complete set of Observer books.🤔

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)