Thursday 29 April 2021

The end of an era...




Yesterday, I was getting ready to teach the final English lesson to one of my GCSE lads who has been with me since he was 9 years old. Time was getting on and I had to make sure that I didn’t forget his lesson, which was earlier than usual. I teach my lessons online, at present.

The doorbell rang and out I went, thinking that it was a delivery; I opened the door, shouted, ‘Thank you’, without even looking up! When I did look up, to my surprise, there stood my pupil with his mum... and there on the doorstep was a bag of presents!

We had a long chat until they realised the time and they had to get back home ...for my two hour lesson!


Meanwhile...


On opening the beautifully wrapped gifts.....




         What a lovely gift...far too pretty to eat!
 





      

     But that’s not all! There were also two beautiful, garden pots....with saucers.





And finally, a written ‘thank you’ note...




        
And then...I burst into tears! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I will now await the results....and hope and pray that I was worth those gifts! 😁




2 comments:

  1. You are worth so much more, as many will agree.
    You give more than a simple English lesson, you give of yourself.
    You give support and build your young students’ confidence, helping them to see that with application, dedication and hard work they can achieve anything in their life. You inspire and encourage.
    Your kindness, gentility and humour build friendships too, not just with your students but with their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, I am sure you will be happy with his results. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)