Friday 30 April 2021

Flobadob!



This morning, I had a jolly good tidy in my lovely, potting place. It’s under cover, so even though I sensed rain was in the air, it didn’t matter, I knew I’d be as dry as a bone. And I busied myself, quite contentedly, until my eye was drawn to my newly acquired garden gnome! An impulse buy... but she made me hoot ! Mind you, many things do! And I looked at her again ...she didn’t seem quite right.

SOMEONE had stuck blue tape over her mouth!! No prizes for guessing who that might be.

I’d read that there was a shortage of garden gnomes, due to a shortage of raw materials...well, I’ve got one and very nice she is too! And she’s very happily installed.




I took my new pots outside ....another excuse to buy some plants to pop into them. 
After all, they can’t stay empty, can they?

 


I’ve not yet used my Sussex Trug; it’s standing there for all to admire, for the time being. All in good time! All in good time! Mind you, the Sneeboer trowel has had plenty of use. It’s superb! I thoroughly recommend one if you haven’t got one.



A couple of days ago, I found that I had some nasturtium seeds left over...so I’ve poked them into various containers...another case of ‘we shall see’. It’s been so cold here this April; everything is sooooo slow! 




That done, I repotted some trailing Geraniums and popped them into some holders on the wall.






And I planted these Nemesia, (called Tutti Frutti), with some Thyme, (called Ruby Glow) and an odd, trailing Geranium . This should make a nice display as well as a scent, on the patio table.




The last of the Tulips are now flowering, whilst the first to flower have finished. It’s been a grand time for Tulips, in spite of the cold. 




And what a grand time for apple blossom and indeed many other types of blossom!




In the greenhouse, there’s plenty happening and I’m gradually taking things to prick out as they present themselves as ‘ready’! You can almost hear them calling, ‘ Me, Sal!’ And me replying, ‘All in good time! Just a day or two longer!’





So that’s it for today.

Have a very happy weekend, everyone...or as Bill and Ben might say:

‘Flobabdob’

🤣😂🤣

🌻🌻🌻



2 comments:

  1. Oh come on!
    It was just a gag🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...you have lots going on in your garden! We are a little behind you, my seedlings only just getting going and I agree the tulips have done well this year. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)