Friday 23 April 2021

Beyond excited!


 

There’s no better place for me than to be in the garden. Ever since I owned my first garden, and even though it was a ‘pocket handkerchief’, the bug instantly bit me! That was back in the late 1970s, in Surrey, where there were mostly old fashioned nurseries at that point...and I loved to dive into one whenever there was a chance! Furthermore, RHS Wisley was not too far to travel and for me that was a dream visit as were a number of trips to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. I still have the programmes! ( Note to self...next blog post!)  I found all of that so inspiring and would always come away with grand plans..and a desire to one day own an acre of land! 

Years on, we don’t have quite an acre but we do have what I consider to be a really good size, country garden. And I still have the bug! Indeed, I do exactly what it tells me to do, on the book cover, above !

A few months ago, I was beyond excited to discover a lovely, independent, online business called, ‘The Cottage Gardener.’ 



I’ve ordered from this lovely lady a few times and the service is superb! Everything is beautifully packed and it just makes you want to keep going back for more! Which I do!



So, this time around, I bought some seeds, as above, as well as the seedball wildflower collection:





Suzanne also sells vintage items...and being such a lover of all things vintage, this, below, somehow ended up in my possession too! How that happened I will never know. 😂🤣😂 I wanted something to look good in my proper Sussex Trug. In fact, my first choice was a small fork but Suzanne rang me to say that it was really small and then she sent me photos of other items not yet on her website...I call that going above and beyond...as I said..superb service!  I chose the fork with the twisted prongs...it’s beautiful!



 
You can find The Cottage Gardener  Here .... (and take a cuppa with you whilst you browse! )


BUT that’s not all! 😁
Along with my fab items from Suzanne at The Cottage Gardener, my Anemones and Ranunculus arrived from Farmer Gracy...





Just like The Cottage Gardener, Farmer Gracy’s way of packing and presenting their items are a joy to behold! If you order from Farmer Gracy, it’s like receiving a beautifully wrapped birthday present! To squeal with delight is not unheard of! For starters, your order is printed on the back of this charming paper.



     I save it all...never throw it away!



And then, as well as this, you receive a couple of leaflets or postcards with your order...such as...








 
Indeed, I have had to make myself a gardening box in order to store 
all of these lovely garden themed bits and pieces. 
Pretty papers, cards, labels, seeds and even fabric pieces 
go into the box for further use, in some way.





And finally, I recently purchased a ‘non gardening item’ from a company called ‘Heathcote and Ivory’...and I was beyond excited about the paper that accompanied the items! It’s soooo pretty!






So, I have to say that Friday is turning out to be rather good..and with fish ‘n chips later on, what more could anyone want! 😁


1 comment:

  1. No wonder I’ve been short on beer money🤣

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)