Monday 1 March 2021

In a country churchyard....



Wandering through the churchyard, earlier today

I wanted to take a closer look at the long wall

that runs across part of this lovely place.


?

 

          Yet, something else caught my eye. 

          We walk through the church yard almost every day but we had missed a 

          couple of days, having taken a different route. And so this lovely 

          Japonica took my by surprise. It has only just bloomed...and boy is it bright!



           Back to the wall. 

           I have to say that I am fascinated by walls like this!

           So much goes on! The plants busy themselves; the insects go about

           their lives with little interference and everything works side by side,

           harmoniously.

           


      I looked more closely...








    And then made my way out of the churchyard.

    As I did so, I glanced back at the vivid, splash of red. Stunning!













3 comments:

  1. What a lovely patchwork of plants. Isnt it amazing what you see when you look closely and have time.
    My Japonica in the garden is flowering and is a pretty splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old wall.... A whole "Group Of Lives," all in harmony and all in one place.

    How wonderful. Aside from simply being lovely to look at. -smile-

    Thank you for sharing the beauty, which surrounds you. Thank you very much.

    Gentle hugs,
    From the Upper NE of the US
    Where we are still snow covered.
    But that's fine.
    It is natural winter still,
    Just as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty church and the Japonica is so bright and cheerful. The wall is wonderful and a good home for wildlife as well as the mosses and ferns you spotted:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)