Thursday 25 June 2020

Trex Cookery!





             I suppose we all like to do certain things that our mothers did when they were young!
             Well, one of the things that I remember is my mum’s baking and in particular her habit
            of using ‘Trex‘.




                                     Now I loved this Trex book because of its photos!
                                      ‘Lush’ or ‘cool’ or  ‘scrummy’ or what?











                                 I even loved the little illustrations and ‘Tubby Trex’ 
                                 popping up here and there....







However, more than that, I remember how my mum would collect the cards which came with the packs of Trex. And she would carefully slot them into the albums. These weren’t just any old cards. Oh no! These were fascinating, informative and full of facts. Bigger than the ‘tea’ cards which were also around at the time, these intrigued me no end. And they still do...as I have kept them all!














As well as these lovely albums, my mum also enrolled me in the Trex club
and she bought me the Trex Money Box, with the ‘Secret code’ and Tubby Trex 
dancing around the money box, with his friends. I used to think that the little girl 
 on that money box was my sister as it looked just like her! I still have that money 
box and my mum’s original cookery book which has been
well used, well thumbed and well loved. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)