Friday 12 April 2019

Going to the theatre...




Gardening, every hour of every day, would be my choice...




 ....was I allowed to have such a choice!




My garden is a country garden, where any plant or animal  is allowed to

do what it likes...(or any other creature.....)




...within reason!




                           So here we are; smack bang in the middle of the springtime ...

                           and, oh my goodness, what a show we have!



   

                        It's almost as good as the West End...and a darn sight cheaper!!





 
                                          And, of course, it's right on my doorstep...

                                          no travelling costs to consider!





I delight in seeing what the natural world throws at me, day after day...

month after month...

...year after year.





And this springtime is a real beauty!





You would be forgiven for thinking that these are not tulips (below)!

They are huge!

(When I think back to the autumn, I can't recall even buying them!)




                   
                            And the Narcissi are completely out of place, really...

                           planted in the veg trug, which I don't use as a veg trug

                           but as a herb trug! That's me all over!

                           I never stick to rules when I'm in the garden!!





And talking of ponds (which we weren't!)

I have two container ponds...








But...watch this space because we are in the process

 of adding a 'proper wildlife pond '

to our garden!!  This is so exciting! 





Meanwhile, back to Erysimum...the most 

dependable plant that I know...flowering 

on and on and on and on and on...





                                    Honesty and friends, grown in an old dustbin

                                    once belonging to my mum and dad.





                               And a new addition on Mothering Sunday, from Nich..

                                                             Clematis 'Avalanche'.



                                               
                                              Along with this beauty from Helen.





So...that's it!

I've resurrected my blog!

And tomorrow, I'm off to another theatre!!

One where the performers wear yellow... and,

hopefully, will do as well as all of those in my garden!!


Happy Springtime!

;-)











2 comments:

  1. Sooo sooo lovely to see your blog post again!...i so love your garden in Spring time...Im just on the edge of Dartmoor so I love gathering 'trips out' info from your blog from the places you have visited. Last November we visited the Endsleigh garden nursery, milton abbot I think it was and we recently returned for another visit (I think I'd seen it on your blog) it was so beautifully rustic and traditional ~ the old glass greenhouses were so lovely~ I told them in the shop how wonderful it was and that they should not change its style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight to see your blog back in action.
    Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)