Friday 24 January 2014

Thinking of my dad.




Today, I am thinking of my dad, who passed away a year ago, today

...two days after Toby was born.

How he would have loved the cheeky little chap!!


My dad was a great sportsman during in his schooldays

at King Edward VI Grammar School, Totnes.

He was also a long life supporter of Arsenal Football Club;

no doubt he is looking down and feeling very pleased with

 their progress this season! But should Arsene Wenger

falter, my dad will most definitely be scribbling a letter to him...

and putting him right! 

It wouldn't be the first time that he's penned a letter to Arsenal Football Club! ;-)




And, in his later years he was the secretary of 

The Old Totnesians.

My dad loved history and, at times, he did live in the past!

He must have had wonderful schooldays

at Totnes because he was forever talking about those days, 

when he was alive. He looked back on his schooldays with such fondness

and delight.









My mum and dad were married for 63 years..

quite a feat! 




Here he is with Meggy.




Anyway, dad, I am thinking of you. With love.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Your dad looks a most wonderful person
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love to you Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beginnings and endings, happy and sad times. Your dad looks like a very happy man

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)