Friday 17 May 2013

Toby Buckland's Plant Centre ;-)





There is no better place in Devon... if you are a lover of all things gardening!

Toby Buckland's Plant Centre, at Powderham, simply oozes quality, beyond belief!

And I truly mean that.

We are just so lucky that it is en route to Exmouth...and better still that

it is en route, coming home too....!!  ;-)

That's if we take the coast road...which we do!

So, if I play my cards right, I get morning coffee on the way

and then a 'stop, browse and buy' time, on the way home!







Early this morning, as we strolled through the plant centre towards the

cafe, who should we encounter but Toby Buckland.

And a very friendly and welcoming person he is too...as is his wife,

 who was busy giving the plants their early morning refreshment.

And...I was allowed to let my camera run riot!!

My photos can no way do this lovely place justice, although

I was pretty pleased with this effort :






Anyway, I let the lovely man continue with his hose pipe maintenance... 

or things of that sort... and off I went, snapping.






For me, Toby Buckland's is such an inspiration.






It's exactly my idea of how a nursery should be.

 I never tire of visiting.





It really is so stunningly beautiful here.










If you have never visited, hopefully, by now, you'll be planning a trip !

Enjoy your visit! 

It'll be the first of many!





Here's your extra info, including 'Gardeners' Coffee Mornings' which are

held at the Plant Centre, with Toby :







4 comments:

  1. I used to go there ages ago. A revisit is on the cards after this post. Thanks Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go there ages ago. A revisit is on the cards after this post. Thanks Sal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Sal, I shall have to pay a visit there soon! Not been to the Powderham Garden Centre for more than two years, and it wasn't Toby Buckland's place then ... it looks to have been very much improved upon.
    We went to the Avon Mill Garden Centre today, another lovely place. Aren't we blessed in Devon to have such lovely - and independent - garden centres and nurseries?
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you buy though?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)