Friday 1 June 2012

Fun times! ;-)




It's been  long time coming but it's been well worth waiting for! ;-)

Cath Kidston now sits proudly in Princesshay, Exeter.

It's a lovely shop which include little touches of true vintage

items... showing how well the old and the new sit together

in perfect harmony!

I always think this, when I stand in the new Princesshay, 

gazing at the old and lovely Exeter Cathedral.

So well done Cath K for finally getting your act together

and arriving at what I believe to be one of England's finest cities!


One grumble though (Oh dear) . 

It has to be said that their silly policy of not allowing

photography in their shops, still exists.

So we all sneak around with our iPhones on silent

as we snap away! Or we stand at the doorway and 'zoom in'!

I started to do that yesterday but then did the decent thing

and asked....I was given the address of head office

with a view to them sending me some shots of present stock.

Yeah right!!





Moving on...

One place where I always snap away to my hearts content

is a vintage fair!!

Last Saturday, I took part in the Vintage and Handmade Fair

at Chipping Sodbury. 

This time the fair had a definite Jubilee flavour!

Here's a small part of my stall:






And I sold all of my daughter's Jubilee cards,

which she made especially for me

to add to the theme of the day.













My next vintage fair is on Saturday 9th June at Chagford.

So this one is a short journey for us!

It's a new fair for me and I'm rather looking forward to

taking part in something different.

Chagford is a delightful little town .


After the fair has finished, I've been invited to afternoon

tea at a rather lovely venue, which has a rather stunning garden.

Having already asked if I can take photos, the reply was

'Of course you can and you can even have some plants!'

Well...how lovely is that?!!!

(Take note CK!!)


But before that, of course, coming up is this wonderful weekend

with all the shenanigans, colour, ceremony,

food, fuss, noise, pageantry, you name it,

that will be going on throughout the length and breadth of

this lovely country of ours.

I'm all geared up to don the appropriate colours

and join in as best I can!

Starting with...tomorrow...in Exeter...


Crikey Queenie, it's Vintage!


I'm looking forward to a good old rummage around this fair

 before doing the usual stroll around the city and taking in

 everything red,white and blue!

So, all that has to be said now is...


I wish you all a very happy and fun weekend!

and of course...

Long live the Queen!











3 comments:

  1. I do like CK's stores (nearest is York) but I find I look more than I buy. The Vintage Fair looked fantastic, those goodies should tempt anyone's purse out of their bag. Hope you have a great Jubilee weekend. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get to Exeter this weekend whch is a pity but never mind perhaps next time..........
    Hope you have a lovely time at the new fair at Chagford.
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Sal!
    and of course...Long Live The Queen!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)