Friday 27 January 2012

All good things come to an end! ;-(



It's been a wonderful journey for me!

Ever since I discovered this little shop in 'The Narrows' at Totnes,

I've been allowed a regular 'escape', back to my past!

The walk to the top of the hill, in Totnes, has always been worth it !

And Lesley has always had the knack of finding unique

and wonderful, childhood treasures.

But alas...all good things come to an end!

Lesley's lovely shop closes it's doors, tomorrow....for good!





Mr S and I want to wish Lesley and Paul all the very best with their

future ventures with, 'This 'n That', which will still be going strong

but in a different format.

They are the loveliest people and deserve every success.

Thankfully...




Totnes is going nowhere !

And don't forget that Lesley is organising another

Nostalgic Mix Fair...

Totnes Civic Hall , Saturday March 31st

...where 'This 'n That' will be very much present!!




I'll be back soon, with a winner of my giveaway!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

;-)

9 comments:

  1. It won't be the same now without This 'n' That, we're gutted. Have a good weekend, Sal.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad when something closes that you have enjoyed. Who knows - maybe you will enjoy the new venture just as much. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very sad that "This 'n' that" has closed but Lesley is moving onto pastures new which is great. I can't wait until 31st March for the fair (and our weekend break), should I really be wishing two months away??
    Lovely post Sal.
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall miss Lesley, that was always our first port of call after the Nostalgic and Mix Fair!
    Looking forward to this coming Fair, we are having a long weekend away that weekend too in TOTNES!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely heartfelt post, that I think echoes so many of our thoughts! But as you mention, those 'pastures new' sound very exciting!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped up to the shop today aswell and missed you by minutes so Lesley said :-( nevermind!
    I wonder who will take over in there now?
    We will all miss her and her delightful collection of vintage memories!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sal! It was so good to see you and Terry today ... and Amanda minutes later. Thank you for your lovely blog. I'm trying to be really cheerful and upbeat about everything , after all we had the option to continue but chose this step ... but you brought a tear or two to my eye.
    I can honestly say that I've enjoyed all of the years in the shop and have lots of happy memories.
    Love Lesley XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to read that - I've always loved that shop on my infrequent visits to Totnes, and always found something to buy in there. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shame that they are closing but I am sure that whatever they do next will be a wonderful success!
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie
    p.s. Have you seen how much the rents are for shops are in Totnes???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)