Wednesday 28 September 2011

Goings ons in the garden and greenhouse ;-)


I've always been lucky enough to have a greenhouse where I have lived,

apart from at my very first home in Surrey, where the garden was only

pocket handkerchief sized and would never have accommodated a greenhouse.

I do so love my greenhouse!

It's a little escape for me

and I could prick out plants til the cows come home!

This morning, I've been busying myself....






So far, for next year,

I've got Foxgloves, Hollyhocks, Primroses, Pansies, Poppies,

Ox Eye Daisies and a variety of others.

Many of these were seeds which I shook from saved, dried, seed heads

...and some were from bought packets from

Thompson and Morgan.

I bought all my Tulip and Narcissi bulbs from them too and

have always received excellent service.




I can't wait to get down on my hands and knees and plant

my bulbs but I'm reluctant to do so as I don't want to clear my

lovely borders just yet!


It's what's going on in the garden that's confusing me to bits!



It's almost October.

Apart from the fact that I have come inside, sweating streams - it is like mid July

today - there are some strange things going on in my garden.

I still have Foxgloves in bloom.

I still have Sweet William flowers.

I have Lupins JUST coming into bloom!

I have Godetia JUST flowering.

And the Anthirrinums are a picture!

I can't work it out at all!





My garden appears to be defying convention right now.

But I'm not complaining!

The seasons are strange though!








Fingers crossed that this lovely weather continues !


4 comments:

  1. gosh so many pretty flowers still blooming lucky you.
    I have made a promise to myself I will takle my garden next spring it has been so neglected these past few years.
    You give me inspiration, thanks!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....your garden is just heaven.....foxgloves....one of the most perfect of all flowers!! So so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers all look so beautiful! I'm just taking a break from embroidering a flower border and I always think that the flowers I include (some are recognisable!) would probably never be seen flowering at the same time. But now I have an answer - 'As seen in Sal Snippet's garden!' Enjoy the sunshine and the flowers while they last!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers in your gorgeous garden and what a glorious day we've had today!
    Summertime is finally here...in October!...we are as confused as the plants!!!
    Love Amanda (Shabby Chick) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)