Wednesday 13 October 2010

Tea Tiffin and Tat!! ;-)


There were six of us this morning for TTT!



And there's nothing better than to sit drinking tea and coffee with good friends, is there?



Thrown into the mix was a little bit of, 'show and tell'!



I recently discovered a blog called The Innkeepers Wife:

http://theinnkeeperswife.blogspot.com/

When I found out that the owner of the blog, Sarah, lived just two fields away,

I simply had to email!

We met up on Saturday at Nostalgic Mix and obviously I issued an immediate invitation to

TTT!


Sarah came along with plenty to show and tell,

including the book, 'The Handmade Marketplace'

and this beautiful embroidery:



And , being an artist, Sarah showed us some stunning art work.




Amanda showed us this scrapbook which she had found at Tavistock market...



And in it...a variety of food labels:






A fine time was had by all as the morning flew by!


The next TTT is Nov 10th..10.30...same place!

Do come along if you happen to be 'in the area!'

;-)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a grand time
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like all the ingredients for a pefect morning, and lots of interesting things to look at. I love looking at old food labels - it fascinates me, nice to know I'm not alone.

    Love those cards, they are fantastic - I've been mulling over the idea of making my own cards this year and now that's completely inspired me to get off my rear end and commit to doing it (although, mine will be nothing on that scale at all, but it's the thought that counts, or at least, that'll be what I am telling myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sooo jealous..i want to come to ttt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived two fields over!!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that scrapbook with those wonderful evocative labels! Much nicer than today's labels!
    Sorry I couldn't be with you for the TT&T but glad you all had a lovely time!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous morning Sal, lush pieces to look at and the biscuits were an added treat...thanks for your warm hospitality...looking forward to the next TTT Jane xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah - so you have met my lovely "cousin" Sarah! I always tease her about this as she sound just like my cousin. Such a gorgeous lady isn't she.. and so flipping talented too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness you've changed your header pic and thank you for such a lovely morning!
    lol...your prize twit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me and the chairs missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing more civilised than meeting with friends is there?
    We don't meet for TTT, but we do meet to read poetry - we met today and the afternoon flew by and we all felt much better for it. Love that scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Save a seat for me I'll be there in spirit..........to actually live in Britain would be closer, but living at the bottom of the world and a very shaky bottom at the moment, means I can only imagine being there.Love the food labels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a lovely morning - how lucky you all were! Such gorgeous 'shows and tell' too - love the cut out cards / what a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sal,
    Love having tea or coffee with good friends. What a pretty bouquet there. Those labels are amazing and the cards are gorgeous. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely - and what a fabulous coincidence. I'd love to find a local blogger. I'm actually very very envious... I'd love to be close enough to join your TTT. What a great book of labels. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)