Thursday, 21 January 2010

All dressed up and nowhere to go...yet! ;-)


Fancy a night out on the town with me?

Get your gladrags on then!

As you can see I've a rather trendy wardrobe , with some 'fetching little numbers' from which to choose!!

When I saw this (very simple) idea in a magazine, over a year ago, I thought ,
' Right, I can do something like that! ' ;-)

I completely forgot about it until last week, when I was looking here:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/International-Quality-Kitsch__W0QQ_armrsZ1

12 mini hangers met my eyes.



And so a fun card making session began yesterday, when I had to wait in for a delivery.



You can do this too... if you so wish!

(I don't mean wait in for a delivery...I mean the card idea!! LOL ;-)



I used..

12 little kitschy mini hangers
Coloured brads (or split pins)
Funky scrapbook papers..the glitzier the better!
Any cotton fabric...I used some vintage cottons which I'd bought on Etsy and I just happened to have at hand.



Cards...These have lovely wavy edges and I found them at David and Charles, which is a publisher based in Newton Abbot. They have a shop selling not only books but various arts/ craft items.


Plus...ribbons and any little embellishments that you have in stock.

I just made do with whatever I could lay my hands on!

And that's it!
Have a happy Thursday!
;-)

29 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

Oh you make me feel lazy!! These cards are super - I can feel a card making session coming on .... and tags, after seeing your gorgeous tags .... so much to do, so little time (I think it was Willie Wonka said that!!)

Guenievre said...

Génial !
quelle bonne idée ! Mais, où trouvez-vous le temps de fabriquer tout cela ?
Bravo !

Kitty said...

You are so inventive and industrious, Sal! Those are just lovely. x

KC'sCourt! said...

They are very fashionable! I love them!

Isobel said...

Very hard to choose which frock to go out with... they all are so beautiful!
xx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Those cards are just adorable. Another great posting of cards.

Shirl said...

Gorgeous work Sal! ... :0)

VintageVicki said...

I love them :)

Those hangers are so like the ones my Sindy's clothes used to hang from!!

Vicki xx

Simone said...

You are a fantastic dressmaker Sal!

The Weaver of Grass said...

It seems to me, Sal, that you only have to see an item which you find attractive and then in the blink of an eye you have made twenty things using that idea. You are one clever person with your craft work - I am green with envy!

galant said...

Those are sooooo pretty! I think they are some of the best things you have made! Just love 'em!
Margaret P

Alli said...

Aw, so cute! I want to wear the little green one right in front.

Lyn said...

What a clever idea, I like them a lot!
Love
Lyn
xxx

MarmaladeRose said...

Gosh! You're a total whirlwind in the craft room aren't you? So productive! I'm very impressed.

Menopausal musing said...

Very, very pretty and you are very generous to share the links with us too. Thank you. :O)

CraftyHelen said...

These are fab - will definitely copy your idea if you don't mind. Am now off to e-bay for some hangers!xx

A Country Girl said...

Love those little hangers!
The cards are wonderful, too.

LissyLou said...

theres something for you on my blog x

Suzie Sews said...

Just beautiful, such fabulous work

Susie's country cottage said...

Wow, your cards are craftastic. I love them. You are so clever. I would get glue all them or something!
Have a lovely weekend.
Susie

Julie said...

they are fab - definitely know some lovely ladies who would adore those cards - they're practically a gift in themselves.

skippinginthemeadow said...

Love 'em! They are so cheery :o) A real tonic on a grey january day.

LoloDesigns said...

Really love those cards, they make you feel all happy and girlie! Gorgeous! xx

Josie-Mary said...

Great idea, made a few then??!!
Sorry I've not been about much....must try harder this week :) x

Josie-Mary said...

Great idea, made a few then??!!
Sorry I've not been about much....must try harder this week :) x

Rosie said...

Very pretty dresses, Sal - have a great weekend:)

summerfete said...

just to say thankyou for my parcel of goodies that arrived this morning.

I'm thinking i might make a crochet hook tidy with the lovely pink piece.

You are so kind

Clare xx

Karen said...

Just beautiful, as always fabulous work :)

Kelly said...

These are fabulous! I think the people you got the hangers from were at the vintage and handmade fair?
Oh are you doing the May one? We have booked the date :)