Tuesday 30 June 2009

Service with a smile...and all sorts of other nonsense!

Oh look...it's service with a smile this morning!
I like to think that this is me, going about all my wifely duties and loving every minute of it!
LOL ;-)
You see, I had this idea!
I wanted to use my vintage buckles,vintage fabric pieces etc etc... so I made these little boards.
Their function?
A place all those little business cards, swatches of fabric and any other useful bits and pieces.

And this 'housewife' fabric makes me hoot!



I'll take them with me to the Liverton Country Fair on Saturday.
If you are near enough, do come and say hello to Amanda and me!
It starts at midday.


We'll both be taking loads of vintage and hand made goodies.




Ah now this chair!
A couple of weeks ago, it suddenly appeared in my hall!
It's huge!
It belonged to Mr S's late father.
Obviously, being respectful, I didn't want to grab it there and then... and 'alter it'



But then I was told that I could!

I didn't have much in the way of paint left in my store..only some F&B 'Hound Lemon' and F&B 'Breakfast Room Green'





Neither were quite right and so you know what I did?.... I mixed them!

Amazingly, what resulted was a kind of 'Apple Green' colour.

Courtesy of Farrow & Ball ....&Hall!

It makes a great place for displaying things, for blogging purposes!
And finally...50's, bakelite and my recent ebay find....I can't believe that noone else bid! ;-)
It's a teapot stand...and it arrived yesterday, to the sound of 'OMG, Sal ,what the heck is this?'

Well I like it..and that's all that matters!


Keep smiling!

15 comments:

  1. like the sentiment on the tea pot stand and i am glad you said the chair was huge as the housewife boards looked tiny at first. great
    f&b makeover.
    good luck at the fair,
    lots of love
    ginny and alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the smiley, happy housewives and little "Home" verse. Hope the country fair goes well! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pot stand too, how come nobody else saw it (you were very lucky). As for the housewife print well I'd be lying if I said that's what I look like when I come over all domesticated!!!
    Kimx

    PS I came up with a very similar paint colours last year using 2 Farrow & Ball paints, a very pleasant surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the boards. Love the chiar. Never seen a teapot stand like that one. Have you ever been to the Bakelite museum? Its here in Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I brought home a lovely plate last week and got the same reaction! Love the teapot stand. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fab post!!! You made me laugh with said reaction to teapot stand- I hear such similar words all the time. I usually make a large apology before revealing anything I come home with, but he humours me. For the record I love the teapot stand!!!! And you are so so clever with your makes - they're great - are the little sachets lavender! I want one!


    Fleur
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the teapotstand, the vintage fabrics and the chair, Sal - your industry never ceases to amaze me - do you sit up sewing through the night?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WWhat a good idea to mix the paint colours. You could call the new shade Stewed Apples!Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea Sal, I have loads of those buckles which I cant resist and cant think what to do with...love and hugs H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha! So that's what the buckles were for. Great idea for diplaying my little cards:) You and Amanda will be fighting off the queues I guess. Have a great day :)
    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to use old buckles - love it! They almost look Union Jackish? Maybe you could do one in Brit style? Wish I could visit.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the boards, hope the fair goes well

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lot's of lovely bright things!

    Well done on your newly painted chair and your first step into devising your own paint range ;o)

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great boards and the fabric you used is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Sal... Please could you pass on some of your inspiration.. I could do with some these days!

    I managed to salvage a children's old chair from a local skip recently... now do I paint it or not? Better go look for the F & B paint chart.

    Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)