Thursday 19 February 2009

Thursday Snippets ;-)

So much to do and so little time!! ;-)
The new fabric range from Anna Maria Horner, is lovely... and ready and waiting to be created into...well goodness knows what!!

Gorgeous designs!




I'm also in the process of making a few more peg pads...








But believe it or not, this morning , I 'escaped ' for a few hours and I took my mum to 'David and Charles' .
David and Charles is a publishers which is situated near to Newton Abbot railway station.
They have a shop with not only books but craft supplies as well. Fatal.
I truly was restrained!
***
Remember this? I started to alter it last year, at one of our Tuesday craft mornings.
I never really finished it !


Well, whilst at David and Charles, my eyes fell upon the very same...

£2 !
I could not believe it as they are very sturdy chipboard...unpainted and ready to 'alter'...use them for crafty bits or seeds or whatever you wish.
So...you know what I did, don't you? I bought 6!! LOL!
And staggered down the steps with them.



I hope they will look lovely for the fair, when I've finished fiddling about with them!
Sadly, David and Charles don't have a cafe, so that meant a whizz along the road to Fermoys, near Ipplepen !
And that is when I realised that I didn't have my camera with me ;-(
There are two particularly lovely craft barns there..and although I did take pics with my iphone, I will have to vet them first..so that might be tomorrow's post as I have forgotten how to transfer them to my puter and the 'expert' is not at home !


Finally , a huge thank you to the people who very kindly sent me some useful info on Macbeth!
Bloggers are the most lovely, generous people, aren't they ?
Hope your day is going well!!
;-)

11 comments:

  1. Sal, your blog always brings some lovely colour! Well done on your bargains.

    Just wanted to let you know that I use the needlecase ALL the time now! I'm not sure how I managed before but now I have my favourites to hand straight away and there's no shoving a needle in a cushion while I find the right thread and then trying to remember where it is later :-D

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bright colours as always!! Those seed trays were a bargain... Your email made me chuckle, I hadn't noticed it before so I keep a look out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful fabrics. I also love to think of you jetting about the Devon countryside. My mother went to art college in Newton Abbot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quotation for you, Sal - "Fortune favours the prepared mind." It really applies to you. It seems to me that wherever you go you are on the look-out for anthing you can adapt or anything you can use to make something - your stuff is lovely and so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new fabrics are beautiful and vibrant! I can't believe the value of the craft/seed trays. You bagged quite a bargain there! I am looking forward to seeing how you decoarate them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bright new fabric designs, and I'm SURE the seed trays will sell well once they've had the 'Sal Treatment'! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabrics Sal!

    £2.00???? I'm surprised you only bought 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that David & Charles had a shop! Re coffee at Fermoy's, etc, if you join the gardening club at Jack's Patch (now Wyevale) near Teignmouth for a one-off payment of £10 you are entitled to two free cups of tea or coffee per month. You also get 10% discount on all plants (but not other items, such as gifts, cards, books, tools, etc.)
    Margaret Powling

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sal
    I think you could be opening your own D & C store soon.. or would that be S & T?
    I was at Fermoys myself a week ago.. eyeing up the plants.. Easter Eggs... Crafts.... everything!!!!
    Came away emptied handed other than two very fine pasties for lunch .. Great place Fermoys but for some reason Mr C has always called it Brewsters because he can never remember the name..
    Have a fab weekend.
    Michelex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious colours - I love the shots of those fabrics - so many possibilities! What a bargain that seed tray was - love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful fabric Sal, those colours are gorgeous! Years ago Mr Roses was offered a job with David & Charles and we oh so nearly moved down to Devon ... looking forward to seeing what those trays come out like. Enjoy your weekend
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ;-)